Our curriculum is based around the way children naturally learn; they acquire knowledge, develop skills and improve their understanding, applying what they have learned to new situations. The curriculum is designed keeping the 8 keys learning areas in mind:
- Understanding the world : the provision of opportunities to explore, observe and find out about people, places, technology and the environment helps young minds understand the world.
- Literacy : providing an environment that is rich in stories, rhymes, print and board books encourages a love for reading; children begin to use phonics to read and spell, learn to negotiate irregular words and go from simple mark-making to writing words.
- Physical Development : opportunities for the development of balance, coordination and control help children learn the importance of physical activity and making healthy choices.
- Personal, social and emotional development : a supportive environment helps children develop confidence and form positive relationships.
- Communication and Language : children listen to sounds and speech in a variety of situations and respond appropriately; they learn to follow instructions and are able to answer questions about their experiences.
- Mathematics : opportunities to explore and solve practical problems, allows children to apply and develop their counting, measuring and shape-recognition skills as well as to use the four fundamental operations – addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Arts and Design : a range of activities based around art, music, dance, role play and design technology enables children to explore their ideas and feelings using a variety of media and materials.
- 21st Century Skills : uplifting critical thinking/reasoning, creativity/creative thinking, problem solving, metacognition, collaboration, communication and digital literacy skills.
Music, Art and Craft, Physical Education and Sports activities are also woven into the curriculum. Students participate in fun-filled activities, including games, story sessions, field trips, special weeks, assemblies and events.